4.20.2012

Glam for the Cure

Last night I had the opportunity to go to Style & Steel's Second Annual Glam for the Cure. The event, which was held at Olive or Twist in downtown Pittsburgh, could easily be defined as fabulous.

Style & Steel's GLAM FOR THE CURE
Glam for the Cure 2 was an event to support and raise funds for the Pittsburgh branch of Susan B. Komen and was a showcase of local fashions and other vendors, topped off with three fashion shows of local boutiques. I brought along my lovely friend Lindsay and have to admit that we felt much like Carrie and Samantha from Sex and the City, the whole night.

The three fashion shows were put on by Chic Boutique, Flawless Fashions and Fashion AFRICANA. Each of these places are located in Pittsburgh and each brought a fierce line of clothing to the runway. Chic Boutique showcased a lot of pretty pieces, starting off with a beautiful spring look of pastel peach pants and a flowy cream and white top and finishing with club wear, full of short hemlines and sequins. Chic Boutique defiantly showed that they have something for every young woman. From something cute for class, something classy for a date to something wild for a night out with the girls, this boutique has it all.

Flawless Fashions was up next with their line full of dresses and bold prints. They, as well as Chic Boutique, are located in Squirrel Hill on Murray Ave. Flawless Fashions also brought feminine aspects to the runway and mixed them with hard details, one of my favorite outfits of theirs was a lace top with leather pants and sky high heels. Fashion AFRICANA though was a standout with the finale, their last piece on the runway was my favorite of the whole night, I wish I took a picture of it because there's no way to perfectly describe it's design. But the print was bold and popped with a bright orange/red tone and the piece was a looooong strapless dress with a bit of a train, slit up the front and belted at the waist. Loved it. The model wearing it walked barefoot, but because of the length of that dress, I'd rock it with some major high heels so it would get completely shown off.

My Samantha (aka: Lindsay) with her makeover winnings!
Speaking of the models, they were fierce. I hope someone in the modeling world was there last night, because a few of those girls could easily win America's Next Top Model and do Pittsburgh proud. They were so good. As for Olive or Twist, I need to hang out there more. The event was held in an upstairs lounge, but the drinks and food was yummy and I loved the decor and the overall atmosphere of the whole thing. A+ on location. Needless to say Lindsay and I had a fabulous evening and even walked away with some prizes! Who wouldn't have fun with makeovers and boutique gift cards given to them on the way out?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...