3.08.2013

Fashion Forward Fridays: Boutique la Passerelle

Hey there fashion-lovers. I remember posting a while back that I wanted to feature some of the boutiques in Pittsburgh for Fashion Forward Fridays and haven't done so yet. Today seems like the perfect day to start, since it's still a bit colder in the 'burgh, making it harder to find some fabulous street style since everyone is still bundled up. So, to start off our journey through boutiques, let's start downtown. Naturally, since I live here and am obsessed with this part of the city. We are off to look in to Boutique la Passerelle.

Boutique la Passerelle grand opening: picture by Abby Neely for The Globe




 Boutique la Passerelle, which is located at 417 Wood Street, is owned by Cidalia Duarte and opened in April 2010. This boutique is so cute and has such charm. It's right across the street from Point Park's library so I've wandered in there more times than necessary and always leave with something unique and chic. Cidalia is from Portugal and brought her business and fashion sense to Pittsburgh through her European style boutique.

The space itself is gorgeous, with pearl white walls and wood floors, letting the pops of color in the clothes pull you into the shop. Boutique la Passerelle has clothes, shoes and accessories for all ages of women and is moderately priced with items ranging from $30 and up. Though the natural bargain hunter in me did find a pair of earrings (with glam dice on them: see below) in there for $10 once. If you go here, you can guarantee yourself that you will find plenty of interesting items, most one of a kind, that could easily work themselves into your wardrobe and be standout pieces.

Although I have been there plenty of times, I have yet to buy any clothes from them because usually when I'm going there I don't have a lot of time to stay and actually try things on; however, this is my go-to place for accessories. Here are some of my favorites that I bought at Boutique la Passerelle, all on different occasions. There is always something new to find in there, so stop in soon! Happy Friday, everyone!

L to R: dice earrings | snow leopard scarf | black leather clutch | non-traditional pearl & earrings set

Close ups because I have a cute face: dice earrings | non-traditional pearl necklace | snow leopard scarf

 ...
Boutique la Passerelle
Price: 
$$ (moderate)
Store Hours:
Closed on Sundays
Monday-Wednesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thursdays 10 a.m - 8 p.m.
Fridays 10 am. - 6 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great boutique unfortunately I don't make it downtown often. We had a fabulous weekend weather wise and Spring is not too far away now!
    Tye
    http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for some nicer weather too! Hopefully you'll be able to visit downtown soon to see all the great new things popping up and thank you for visiting my blog, Tahisha!

      Delete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...