5.08.2013

Bowling & Birthdays

.
Saturday night, MJ and I joined my friend Jodi and a group of her friends to celebrate her 24th birthday with some bowling at Arsenal Lanes at 44th and Butler Street in Lawrenceville. If you're from the area, you've probably seen their television commercials that say they are "Where old school bowling vibe meets night club atmosphere." (As said by the New York Times.) Which is exactly what it felt like.

Remember a while back when I said I was a terrible bowler? Yeah, well, that's still true, but Arsenal Lanes is a great atmosphere to show off my awful talent. Or your great bowling skills, whichever. The lanes and decor are super old school and awesome. Vintage even. You can see the ball the whole time when it's on it's way back to you and there is carpeting on the walls. They have specials every day. The Smiths play through the speakers and since it's a bar, no obnoxious teenagers are running around and the drinks are cheap. Can you get any better than that in a bowling alley? I think not. Make a trip there soon - you'll be sure to have a great time, even if your bowling ability is sub par, like mine.

Also, wish Jodi a happy (belated) birthday in the comments if you so desire!

Proof that I was beating MJ for a hot second.
Left: some fun pin-up girl bowling pins on the wall. | Right: The birthday girl and me!



6 comments:

  1. Great pics! So cool:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bowled in awhile
    It is always a hoot though
    Have a great weekend
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brett! Hope you had a great weekend/Mother's Day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! Even though I am (obviously) horrible at it haha
      Thanks for visiting my blog, Sara!

      Delete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...