5.06.2013

Farewell Fraley's Robot Repair!

One of the Downtown Pittsburgh's Project Pop-Up's is leaving. Fraley's Robot Repair wasn't really a store but I loved it so much! I thought that it was such a clever art installation and will be sad to see it's space without that little, lonesome robot. Robot Repair was created by Toby Atticus Fraley and features a small shop where a robot is left to fend for himself since his owner could never be found. The installation changed often to go with holidays, day-to-day activities and other themes, always interesting and humorous. But little robot is now moving on to California ...hopefully he'll find some company there. In the meantime, here's some recent looks into the shop AND if you're nearby, check out the going away party TONIGHT from 5:30pm - 7:30pm at the Renaissance Hotel's Braddock's American Brasserie bar, including $4 beers and $6 cocktails and of course, photos with the robot!

Store front of Fraley's Robot Repair.

.

Sadly digging his way to California...

The robot's map to the next location.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of it but it looks like such a cool place. That's too bad it won't be around anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...