1.13.2014

Golden Globe Awards 2014 Best Dressed

Although I was unable to watch the Golden Globes last night because I had to work, I of course made sure to catch the after-show specials to be able to see all the fashion. I love that there seemed to be two major trends throughout the evening of mermaid style gowns and metallic elements, both of which, I love! These lovely ladies made it into my top ten best dressed of the evening.

All photos from Hollywood Life


However, I have to say that three of them just stole the red carpet for me, Olivia Wilde, Sofia Vergara, and Mila Kunis, who I picked as my Best Dressed Female. I love Olivia Wilde and thought she looked fabulous in this tight, emerald Gucci dress, that showed off her little baby bump perfectly. I also thought that Sofia Vergara looked stunning, as usual, in her black, strapless Zac Posen dress. I appreciated that she (and/or her stylist) decided to go with a ball gown instead of her usual look of a skin-tight mermaid dress. She always looks like a knockout, but I think this dress makes her look more regal, and the pop of teal in her necklace is just the right amount of color to balance out such a large dress. However, I don't think anyone compared to my girl crush, Mila Kunis. Her stunning Gucci dress, with the mix of hard and soft elements just took my breath away. So gorgeous! Although she could have looked better if she didn't look so angry in all the pictures of her, how could you be upset in a gown that beautiful?

And a special shout out to the guys who made the red carpet interesting as well, Kunal Nayyar, Matthew McConaughey, and Best Dressed Male, Usher. I love when guys actually wear color on the red carpet instead of the typical black suit, white shirt and black tie, and these three spiced it up just enough to make the right statement.


Who were your best dressed celebrity picks from last night's Golden Globe Awards?


18 comments:

  1. So bummed I missed the show, but love seeing all the recaps! From what I can gather Olivia Wilde nailed it with her sweet bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally missed the show. I'm sure there will be reviews all over the internet, haha. Love Mila Kunis' dress :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it too but I couldn't miss catching up later on what everyone was wearing!

      Delete
  3. It was so much fun watching the show! There were so many great moments, but I always look forward to the fashion! One of my favorites was the woman who plays Bernadette on Big Bang Theory; her yellow dress was so lovely!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved her dress too, she was on my short list for favorites, too.

      Delete
  4. Olivia Wilde looked amazing, I didn't even know she was pregnant!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love lupita nyong'o's dress...so classic with a twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how I felt about her dress to be honest! She looks gorgeous, as always, but I'm still not sure if the cape element was my style - though it looked fabulous on her.

      Delete
  6. Hah! I was just watching this on Fashion Police because my friend Kristen was watching it. I do love the mermaid style dresses as well! I didn't find many of the dresses that impressive, surprisingly. I mean they were pretty gowns, but nothing really stood out to me. I didn't get to watch it either, but that's nothing new! - Jess L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such a busy bee! And I agree, overall it was a bit on the "safe" side this year. Stunning gowns but nothing with that real "Wow factor."

      Delete
  7. I have to say that I was very let down by the ladies this year
    The only dress I really loved was Margot Robbie
    The men on the other hand killed it!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not see a few of these on Sunday. Love #2 and #4 in your top collage. Good selections on the men too. Usher looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Gucci definitely ruled the night with both Mila and Olivia's gowns. Honestly I'm just so happy to see someone else name Olivia Wilde one of the best dressed at the awards! She looked absolutely stunning yet most of the major outlets didn't even mention her.

    I love your blog and wanted to thank you for your kind comments on mine :) So happy to be a part of the SITS Tribe Building Challenge with you!!

    ~Aurelia
    aureliadiesel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Gucci is always a standout to me so I wasn't surprised when these two said they were wearing Gucci. And I loooove Olivia so of course I thought she was stunning with her little bump! Glad you're following along with the Tribe!

      Delete

I love you for leaving a comment and do my best to reply to each one! I no longer accept anonymous commenting because of the amount of spam I was getting - I hope this isn't a problem for you. Thanks for checking out my blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...